Study Skills Guide: Mathematics
| Print |
You cannot memorize mathematics. You have to understand it.
1. Label all work - date, page, question #.
2. Neat work - show all steps - even rough.
3. Copy examples neatly and accurately.
4. Definitions, methods, and examples should be written done
5. Always correct incorrect answers.
6. Be sure you understand how to complete the question.
Choose 5 questions from each concept - complete - show all the work. if correct -move on - if not choose 3
more questions. Choose questions that look different even though they are about the same concept.
If a particular style of question causes difficulty - PRACTICE.
Work the question backwards - use the answer in the question to determine if it is correct before checking the
answer. Create your own questions. Do not leave if you do not understand - it will not become more clear once you're